D.C. Cherry Blossoms

March 31, 2017


cherry blossoms
This is the type of loveliness I'm talking about in my bio! I'm lucky enough to work right outside the nation's capital and recently decided to switch up my usual weekday routine of work -> Crossfit -> dinner to go see the tidal basin cherry blossoms while they were in peak bloom! I'm the type of person who gets bored very quickly, so a simple daily routine just doesn't cut it. I've lived in Leesburg, Virginia for most of my life (~1 hr from D.C.) and can't believe I've never made the effort to go into the city to see these beautiful trees at their best. In the spirit of trying new things, a friend and I ventured into Old Town Alexandria to check out Chart House that night - a wonderful seafood restaurant on the water. The pan glazed shrimp & scallops is incredible. I definitely recommend you check it out if you're in the area!
cherry blossoms
History lesson for those of you that don't know (I didn't until last week): the cherry blossoms were a gift from Mayor Yukio Ozaki of Tokyo in 1912 as a celebration of the long-lasting friendship between Japan and the United States

...pretty flowers just make me SO happy! And that's it for blog post numero uno. So amazed and thankful you even scrolled this far!

You Might Also Like

0 comments