Skydiving

April 22, 2017

// The Sunday Funday of All Sunday Fundays \\

Taylor has been alive for 22 years (plus a couple of days now). So I decided that, to celebrate, we'd lower his chances of making it to 23...:) just kidding. It was SO safe. Like the safest place to skydive within hundreds and hundreds of miles. Believe me, I read ALL the reviews. 
In short: 
It was an incredible experience minus the cold strong wind in free fall and feeling nauseous for an hour afterwards.
In long: 
The anticipation of training, suiting up and flying to 15k ft - exhilarating and I couldn't stop bouncing around and smiling. 
Jumping out of the plane - so thrilling and suspenseful that my forehead vein almost popped out of my head (0:47 in the video...).
*my dude TJ was actually the best and made this picture a million times cooler*
Falling freely through our atmosphere - a tad chilly and my face felt like it might fall off...but so amazing (see faces below for proof).
Parachuting - definitely the best part because I could take hold of the ropes to control our speed, turn and spin us.
Landing - thought this would be the scariest part but it was actually so smooth and I just casually walked onto the ground! Taylor, on the other hand, wasn't so graceful and did a little sitting skid to a stop with the parachute tangling up a bit...it's okay we still love him.
*it's actually not cool to open your eyes for pictures anymore so...*
Overall, it was an awesome experience and made for a wonderful Sunday outing. Definitely worth it and would recommend Skydive Orange to anyone wanting to check this off their bucket list!
^ right after I landed when I needed some help standing and being a real person.
Thanks for checking in and I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

You Might Also Like

0 comments